Tiki drinks and lots of laughs were in abundance as fans of all ages, haunters, and industry professionals mingled, talking shop while getting to know each other better. All the while, shenanigans were on tap, as music played and guests enjoyed the grab-n-go food station set up by the staff at Don the Beachcomber for us.
This month, we unveiled a brand-new TPA tiki logo by our good friend, Tom “Thor” Thordarson – which he drew in the likeness of Don the Beach himself, straw hat and all! It is a very cool design, and our TPAers love it! We gave 30 Summer Nights buttons away to the first TPAers to show up at 7pm, and will continue to give another 30 away at the beginning of our next mixer in July!
TPA buttons weren’t the only thing we gave away this month – we had some cool prizes on tap for our complimentary raffle, which included:
- A pack of mouth-watering fresh donuts from Springfield at Universal Studios Hollywood, courtesy of USH Today
- An original Simpsons The Ride standee display from Universal Studios Hollywood, courtesy of Jeff Tucker and 91 Reasons Podcast
- 2 tickets to see Mudd the Magnificent at the Hollywood Fringe Festival, courtesy of Mudd himself, James Holguin
- An R2-D60 figure and 60th Anniversary pin from Disneyland, courtesy of our friends at Parks and Cons
- 4 tickets to Madame Tussauds in San Francisco, courtesy of our friends at SoCal Horror Fans
- 2 Fear Freak Weekend Passes to ScareLA 2015, courtesy of ScareLA
- An authentic talent costume that was used years ago in the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs attraction during Halloween Haunt at Knott’s Scary Farm, courtesy of Jeff Tucker and 91 Reasons Podcast
It was a night full of great moments and the best fans in the world! As usual, the staff at Don the Beachcomber was fantastic, and they were wonderful hosts to the Theme Park Adventure group!
ScareLA’s David Markland was on hand, along with a baby dinosaur, which everyone loved and wanted to take pictures with! A DINOSAUR, PEOPLE!
There were new faces and familiar ones – something that has become a monthly occurrence, which we love! When newcomers take that first step and come out (sometimes even solo) to one of our mixers, we are so stoked to see them immediately welcomed to the group; it’s a testament to how cool our community truly is and we encourage anyone and everyone to come spend the evening with us – you’ll be happy you did!
If you missed out this time around, we have great news – the next Summer Nights mixer at Don the Beachcomber will be held on Sunday, July 19 from 7pm – 10pm! Check out our event page on Facebook and RSVP!
A very special thanks to everyone who came out and helped usher in summer 2015 with us – and the beginning of our fourth year of mixers/gatherings in Orange County! We look forward to seeing you all – and some new faces too – in July at Don the Beachcomber!