TPA’s Spring Nights at Sam’s 2014 kicked off last month on Sunday, March 16th. Under the glow of the torches of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel, more than 75 theme park, haunted attraction and entertainment industry fans and professionals gathered to mix and mingle!
With the beginning of a new season (pfffft… yeah… seasons), came a brand new TPA tiki button by renowned artist Tom “Thor” Thordarson. The first 30 fans in attendance snagged one of the limited buttons, which were gone in less than five minutes! If you didn’t get one last month, fear not: 30 more will be available at no cost to TPAers who that haven’t yet received one yet; just show up promptly at 7 P.M. on April 27th and seek out Rick West for your button! As long as we haven’t run out, it’s that easy to snag one!
But let’s look back at March’s awesome gathering before we get all fired up about this month’s! Lots of familiar faces showed up, and we also made some brand-new friends, which is always really cool! Theme Park Adventure welcomes and encourages first-timers to join our group each month, even if they come alone. We all share a love of themed entertainment, haunted attractions, and of course – tiki drinks! It’s said all the time, and we mean it: if you’ve never been to one of our meets, we invite and welcome you with open arms, even if it means coming alone. Once you arrive, you’ll be instantly surrounded by like-minded fans, and you’ll have a wonderful time; we promise!
One of the highlights of the evening whenever we have a TPA mixer is our raffle prize giveaway! Anyone attending gets a free raffle ticket when they arrive. The extremely giving nature of our group allows for some really fun prizes that TPA Founder Rick West raffles off. In March, we had some great prizes thanks to truly wonderful individuals, including:
- A vintage Knott’s Halloween Haunt lenticular sign
- D-Student Productions swag
- Several memorial patches that were created in loving memory of our dear friend, Mark “Sumo” Sagato
- Mad Hatter Tea Party tickets benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Buena Park hosted in part by the Orange County Imperial Court
- A gorgeously hand-crafted Snow White apple from Scareventures
- Authentic Halloween Haunt props and material from various ad campaigns and Kingdom of the Lounge Lizards
- Horror figurines from Sinister Collections
- Tickets to Sinister Pointe’s Lore event
- Tickets to ScareLA’s Zombie Paintball Day at Haunted Hollywood Sports
In addition to some truly kick-ass prizes, Rick also gave away some new information hot off the presses regarding ScareLA, which is coming this August to downtown Los Angeles for its second year! Some of the latest nuggets-O-knowledge bestowed on the TPAers in attendance included:
- Confirmation that ScareLA will be returning to last year’s location – LA Mart, and that the show will be held August 9th and 10th this summer.
- The inclusion of Terror Trucks at this year’s event for guests to experience!
Spring Nights at Sam’s was filled with much excitement and laughter as everyone networked and relaxed; it’s always such an amazing crowd that shows up, we feel truly lucky to be part of such an incredible community.
Thank you to everyone who came out and spent your Sunday night with us, as well as those generous individuals and awesome companies that donated to our raffle prizes for March. The love and good will is always very humbling!
Our next mixer is right around the corner as we celebrate Spring Nights at Sam’s 2 on Sunday, April 27th at 7 P.M. If you have not yet made your RSVP on our Facebook fan page, please click over and do so now, so that we have an idea of who’s coming and how many of you to expect! Like we said earlier, if you’re new and have never been to one of our events, but are thinking about it, DO IT! We cannot wait to meet new TPAers each month, and will welcome you to the group with open arms!
Thank you all for being an amazing group – we’ll see you very soon! Aloha!