Theme Park Adventure’s Spring Nights at Don’s 2 mixer at Don the Beachcomber brought out lots of fans this past weekend, as we all mixed and mingled the night away in Huntington Beach! Celebrating the mid-way point between winter and summer, TPAers gathered in the mystical Hidden Village at Don’s with potent tiki cocktails in hand – including several first-timers to the event, which we are always thrilled to see!
As the Mai Tais flowed like lava from the Coconut Bar, the evening was a buzz of activity – fans, haunters, industry professionals and everyone in between laughed and chatted, as the playing field is always level at our mixers and you never know who you’re going to meet!
In addition to the rum-infused networking, Theme Park Adventure’s monthly raffle was a huge hit with some really cool prizes that included:
- A coveted treasure from the Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival, which has now come to an end – a bottle of Knott’s Boysenberry BBQ Sauce, courtesy of TPA!
- 2 really cool skull sconces from our good friends at Abracadaver Productions, which went over very well with our haunt-loving crowd!
- 2 tickets to Sinister Pointe’s latest production, called The Event; courtesy of the good men and women at Sinister Pointe!
- 2 tickets to ScareLA, which of course, Theme Park Adventure is heavily involved in producing for its third year. The tickets were courtesy of ScareLA’s production team; we are hard at work to bring you the biggest and best experience yet at our new home for 2015, the Pasadena Convention Center on August 8th and 9th! Of note, Sinister Pointe’s next venture, Curiosities, will be opening soon; when it does, look for a special TPA event happening there to get the spooky shop off to a great start!
- 4 tickets to a very early morning special fan preview of Knott’s Berry Farm’s new attraction, Voyage to the Iron Reef, which will be held in the wee hours of May 13th, before the media arrives for the opening ceremony! Our ticket winners are guaranteed admittance to this event; anyone else wishing to attend may inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there are any slots still available! Special thanks to the marketing team at Knott’s Berry Farm for these spots!
- Last but certainly not least, a private tour for 4 of Garner Holt Productions in San Bernardino, California! GHP is the world’s leading animatronics design and manufacturing company, as well as incredible scenic artists. Their recent figures and work can be seen in Mystic Manor (Hong Kong Disneyland), Radiator Springs Racers (Disney California Adventure), and both the Timber Mountain Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride (Knott’s Berry Farm). They are Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to themed entertainment fans – granting entrance to four TPAers is a big deal, and we are just as excited as the winners about this! A very special thanks to the folks at Garner Holt Productions for giving TPAers such an incredible opportunity!
There were many folks in attendance, including our dear friends from Parks and Cons, Knott’s Network, Dstar Photography, Evil Twin Studios, Brady MacDonald from the Los Angeles Times, and The Fright Zone! As we said, lots and lots and friendly faces this month – and many new folks as well, which we love! Taking that first step – especially coming alone to a public mixer where most people already know someone – that’s a big deal, and we cannot express how exciting it is to us to see this community continue to grow each month! TPAers are the best! We also extend a heartfelt thanks to the great team at Don’s – they are wonderful to work with each month, and we are so thrilled that they embrace our community with great enthusiasm!
If you’re bummed that you missed out on all of the tiki-themed fun this month, fear not! Our next mixer (and final Spring gathering of 2015) will be taking place on Sunday, May 17th at Don the Beachcomber! Mark your calendar, clean out your sippy straw, and wash your favorite shirt – it’s coming sooner than you know it, and we cannot tell you how much we look forward to seeing you all once again to bid aloha to Spring 2015 together!
Please click over to our events page and RSVP! Let’s make it another night to remember (albeit fuzzy)! See you in May!