Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that a new attraction will open in Port Discovery at Tokyo DisneySea Park in spring 2017. The new attraction will be themed to the world of the Disney/Pixar films Finding Nemo and Finding Dory (to be released in 2016). This indoor attraction will immerse Guests in the underwater world of these popular stories by using a ride system that seamlessly blends visuals from the films with a motion system.
Boarding a submarine that “shrinks” to the size of a fish, Guests can explore the vast underwater world from the same point of view as Nemo and Dory.
Guests can meet different characters and make new discoveries when they ride.
In addition, the production staff of Finding Dory will be involved in the creation of visuals for this attraction. Beautiful ocean scenery can be enjoyed on screen in this attraction.
Don’t miss this maritime adventure inspired by the Finding Nemo film series!
Note: With the opening of this attraction, StormRider will close permanently around mid-May 2016.
- Opening Date: Spring 2017 (tentative)
- Ride Duration: About 5 minutes
- Capacity: 122 persons per cabin
- Number of Cabins: 2
- Height Requirement: Must be 90 cm or taller
- Age Requirement: Must be age 3 or over
- Investment Amount: About 5 billion yen (tentative)
- Disney FASTPASS: Applicable