Most Popular Stories on TPA:
- Knott’s Berry Farm Looking for 30 Guests to Pose as Riders on New GhostRider Coaster Trains
- Knott’s Berry Farm Joins Universal Studios Hollywood, Queen Mary, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Walt Disney Imagineering at Midsummer Scream
- Midsummer Scream Halloween Festival to Debut July 30 – 31 at Long Beach Convention Center
- What an Excellent Day – The Exorcist Maze is Finally Coming to Universal Studios Hollywood and Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights
- REVIEW: Alone: An Existential Haunting 2013
- Knott’s Berry Farm Announces Major Enhancements Celebrating Ghost Town’s 75th Anniversary
- Santa’s Village in Skyforest to Reopen?
- A Detailed Review of New Knott’s Scary Farm Mazes for 2015
- Something NEW Has Gotten Into the Matterhorn at Disneyland
- Knott’s Berry Farm Construction Update: The Boardwalk
- Las Vegas Trip Report January 2015
- Jabbawockeez Announced for Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights 2015 – Why That’s a GOOD Thing
- Knott’s Berry Farm Fire and Law Promotion
- REVIEW: Eli Roth’s Goretorium 2012
- RT @MidsummerScream: Want free buttons?! Go to https://t.co/lEccN4rQEU for details #Halloween #batsday #tpa #creepyla #boneyardfx https://t… 08:44:35 PM April 27, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Beast7711: @TPAMagazine super excited for this one! 08:08:12 PM April 27, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Garzee: Fuck. Yes. https://t.co/NQyu4lOGr1 08:08:10 PM April 27, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Garzee Couldn't have said it better ourselves! 08:07:49 PM April 27, 2016 from Twitter for iPhone in reply to Garzee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What an Excellent Day – The Exorcist Maze is Finally Coming to Universal Studios Hollywood… https://t.co/1281O5QUvu https://t.co/IzETFWWy7d 08:05:14 PM April 27, 2016 from WordPress.com ReplyRetweetFavorite
Follow TPA on Instagram
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
Tag Archives: Sinister Pointe
This month’s TPA Halloween Mixer will be held Sunday, October 12th, on the patio between Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar and Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel beginning at 7 P.M. As usual, we will have free buttons to give the first 30 TPAers on hand, and we’ll hold our monthly raffle at approximately 9 P.M. It will be a fun-filled evening of networking, great food, tantalizing tiki drinks, and yes… candy! It is Halloween, after all!
Once we’ve raffled off some ghoulish gifts, the tiki torches will dim, and a dark force will flow over the gathering. For those interested, we have a special trick-or-treat in store! At approximately 9:30 P.M., we will depart Trader Sam’s and regroup in Fullerton (just a short drive from The Disneyland Resort) at Sinister Pointe Haunted Attraction. At a discounted rate of $15 per person, TPAers will not only get to experience Sinister Pointe’s terrifying 2014 experience, Beyond The Mirror, but once everyone has made it through, our group will get an exclusive lights-on tour of the attraction, followed by a Q&A with Jeff Schiefelbein and the rest of the crew!
Ticket Presale Now Live for Southern California’s Hit Halloween Convention; After a Smashing First-year Success, Returns Bigger and Even More Interactive With New Haunted Attraction Reveals, Panels, Classes, Vendors and Immersive Experiences; Promises Tricks and Treats for All Ages
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — May 2, 2014 — ScareLA, the first-ever Southern California Halloween convention, announced today it will return to downtown Los Angeles on August 9 and 10, 2014 at The Reef (formerly known as LA Mart). The event celebrates the West Coast’s Halloween, haunt, and horror community and fans with exclusive presentations, industry panels, hands-on workshops, onsite attractions and an exhibitor show floor designed to inspire and promote play. Limited-time presale tickets are now available for purchase on the convention’s website, offering a 30% savings for early birds with code PRESCARE.
TPA’s Spring Nights at Sam’s 2014 kicked off last month on Sunday, March 16th. Under the glow of the torches of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel, more than 75 theme park, haunted attraction and entertainment industry fans and professionals gathered to mix and mingle!
With the beginning of a new season (pfffft… yeah… seasons), came a brand new TPA tiki button by renowned artist Tom “Thor” Thordarson. The first 30 fans in attendance snagged one of the limited buttons, which were gone in less than five minutes! If you didn’t get one last month, fear not: 30 more will be available at no cost to TPAers who that haven’t yet received one yet; just show up promptly at 7 P.M. on April 27th and seek out Rick West for your button! As long as we haven’t run out, it’s that easy to snag one!
On Sunday, January 19th, Theme Park Adventure held it’s first monthly mixer of 2014 – Winter Nights at Sam’s 2. To our great surprise, not only did we have a very good turnout for the event – we had a huge turnout, rivaling the biggest mixer we’ve had to date, which happened in November 2013! We didn’t bother with a final count, but by 10 p.m., well over 100 TPAers were mingling, eating and drinking on the patio outside of Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel!
[WARNING – ADULT CONTENT – NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN]
As songs of good will and tidings of peace fill the air, the smell of warm cookies wafts from kitchen windows, and children dream of red-nosed reindeer and Santa Claus bearing gifts, Sinister Pointe in Brea, California, offers up something a little different than that with its annual Not So Merry Holiday Haunt. Geared for adults – and only adults – this event is a shockingly naughty Christmas romp with a strange and spooky assortment of evil elves, backwoods decorating, and a really jolly man in a red suit! It’s completely over the top, not for the prude or easily offended, and definitely something that no other haunt in California delivers during the holiday season!
With afternoon temperatures hitting above 80 degrees, a warm breeze in the evening and folks walking around in T shirts and shorts, you’d never guess it was time to begin our first Winter Nights at Sam’s mixer of the season! Yet, with Christmas just days away, that’s exactly how Mother Nature was playing her winter card here in sunny Southern California while other parts of the nation are getting snowed in and frozen solid! In 2012, Theme Park Adventure held its first Winter Nights at Sam’s meet and we were lucky if 20 people showed up to socialize and chill with us; as our group of regulars grows each month, we felt certain that 2013 would be different…
On Sunday, November 17th, Theme Park Adventure held its final Autumn Nights at Sam’s mixer of 2013 at the Disneyland Hotel. In keeping with annual tradition, the November gathering was the largest in TPA’s history, bringing nearly 150 theme park fans, industry folks and serious haunters together in one spot for a night of socializing, tiki drinks and fantastic networking!
One of the greatest haunted attractions in Southern California is Sinister Pointe, located in Brea, just minutes away from Orange County attractions such as Disneyland Resort, Angel Stadium, and the Honda Center. Unlike most SoCal haunted attractions, Sinister Pointe is unique in that it is open periodically throughout the year, giving haunt enthusiasts their much-needed scare fixes every few months. However, each October, power tools, rock music and ghoulish laughter can be heard coming from the industrial warehouse that contains this incredible maze, as the crew preps the haunt for Halloween, reveling with delight at the horrors they’re creating for guests to experience throughout October…
On the evening of Sunday October 13, 2013, Theme Park Adventure hosted its Autumn Nights at Sam’s II mixer at Trader Sam’s in Anaheim, California. It was the first time that TPA has hosted one of our fan gatherings during October, and weren’t too sure of what kind of turn-out we would have, considering a very large portion of our regular attendees are haunters. We’re thrilled to say that the event was a success – with a spooky great twist at the end, as most of those who came to Trader Sam’s joined us at Sinister Pointe for a special lights-on tour of the attraction in Brea!
On Sunday night October 13th, TPAers will gather for their monthly social mixer at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Resort, followed by an exclusive lights-on tour of one of Southern California’s most spectacular haunted attractions, Sinister Pointe!