Most Popular Stories on TPA:
- Disneyland Diamond Celebration Details Revealed!
- The Darkness to Open for TransWorld 2015
- Knott’s Berry Farm Fire and Police Recognition Days 2014
- Delusion: Lies Within 2014 Review
- Santa’s Village in Skyforest to Reopen?
- FAN MAIL: TPA Knott’s Haunt Maze DVD & Rufus Mystery
- Disneyland’s 59th Anniversary – Love Letters & Memories
- Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Announced for 2015
- Knott’s Berry Farm Fire and Law Promotion
- Hogwarts Takes Shape – Universal Studios Hollywood
- Las Vegas Trip Report January 2015
- Sex and the City Zoo Adult Event at Los Angeles Zoo
- Voyage to the Iron Reef Opening at Knott’s May 15, 2015
- Jurassic Park & Easter EggMazeMent – Throwback Thursday
- Knott’s Scary Farm 2014 Returning Maze Reviews
- Disneyland Resort reveals plans for Diamond Celebration: http://t.co/l7ufbflkJ2 http://t.co/VKTzzyqArX about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LionCountry: It’s #TBT on Safari featuring a #WILD LCS brochure from 1968. Special thanks to safari fan, Sharon for sharing... http://t… about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BuschGardens: In the park today? Stop by the Animal Care Center at 1:30 pm to Meet the Baby Penguins! about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TomNews3 Love that shot, Tom! about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to TomNews3 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TomNews3: Mandalay Bay, Luxor and Excalibur connected by Doppelmayr cable-pull train. #MyNews3 http://t.co/KHWNFqduef about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
Tag Archives: Silver Dollar City
The Showboat Branson Belle, decks its decks as well as the halls to kick off the holiday season with Christmas cruises on Table Rock Lake. Made in the USA, the world-class headliner production show, presents classic Christmas carols, holiday favorites and a patriotic finale, plus a one-of-a-kind performance of The Nutcracker Suite by violin-playing aerialist Janice Martin. A new Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer medley by the male vocal group, The ShowMen, celebrates the most famous reindeer of all on the 50th anniversary of the television special.
Silver Dollar City lights up its brightest season with a new $1 million light parade featuring the beloved Christmas character Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for An Old Time Christmas. One of the nation’s most acclaimed holiday festivals, An Old Time Christmas also features a 5-story Christmas tree with a light and sound show, Broadway-style musical productions, holiday foods and five million lights, November 1 – December 30 at the Branson, Missouri theme park.
Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Christmas Light Parade, led by the most famous reindeer of all, debuts on the 50th anniversary of the television special. First airing in 1964, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” is the longest-running, highest rated Christmas special in television history. As Grand Marshal, Rudolph leads the new evening parade of nine musical, lighted floats – one featuring Sam the Snowman — as it winds through the streets of the City. The floats, illuminated with 100,000 ultra-bright LED lights, were designed exclusively for Silver Dollar City, with animated features from huge drumming bears and cymbal-playing penguins to a cowboy doll rocking on a hand-carved wooden rocking horse. The parade is accompanied by 33 colorful costumed characters, including Rudolph’s friend Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, 14-foot moose characters, 12-foot tall elves and 10-foot candy canes, plus penguins, elves and a troupe of marching wooden soldiers.
In a major announcement, new for 2015, Silver Dollar City presents Fireman’s Landing, an $8 million development with 10 new family adventures in an all-new area, plus the world famous Harlem Globetrotters in their first-ever extended-run show, making 2015 the park’s biggest family year ever.
Set to open in Spring 2015, Fireman’s Landing substantially increases the park’s attractions, adding 10 family adventures in all. The new area has six family rides and four interactive play zones for kids and families in a highly themed area, saluting the spirit and training activities of community volunteer firefighters. The area, with theming recognizing the contributions of community heroes who serve as firefighters, is an 1880s volunteer recruitment fair, with rides and attractions for ages 3 to 93.
The big-sky, adventure-loving culture of the Great American Cowboy flavors the fall harvest fun as Silver Dollar City presents a new show featuring the Texas Trick Riders, the return of the high-action Western stunt show, craftsmen from around the country and top Western musicians, all part of the National Harvest Festival. With a theme saluting the cowboy, the festival runs September 12 – October 26 at the Branson, Missouri theme park.
(Branson, Mo. 12/6/12) Silver Dollar City’s An Old Time Christmas festival in Branson, Missouri, continues to gather top accolades, recently being named to USA Today’s “10 Great Places to Put a Spin on Christmas Spirit” and Yahoo Travel’s “America’s Best Places for Holiday Lights.”