Most Popular Stories on TPA:
- Renee West Retires as President & COO of Luxor and Excalibur
- Santa’s Village in Skyforest to Reopen?
- Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Announced for 2015
- Twisted Colossus Construction Tour at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Knott’s Halloween Haunt Pricing 2013
- Summer Nights at Sam’s 3 a Huge Success!
- Cracked – Survival Experience Extreme Haunt in UK
- Disneyland Diamond Days Sweepstakes Coming in May
- “Extra” Kicks off 20th Season at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Halloween Horror Nights Tickets Now on Sale
- Summer Nights at Sam’s 3 is Here!
- SeaWorld San Diego 2015 Events Calendar
- Sinister Pointe’s Spirit Lounge Needs You!
- Las Vegas Trip Report January 2015
- Disneyland Diamond Days Sweepstakes Coming in May http://t.co/gscfYf3Rcp about 7 hours ago from WordPress.com ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ScareLosAngeles: See many of you tonight @TPAMagazine's mixer @Don_Beachcomber! #scarela #halloween https://t.co/P4n3ksq1kX about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TONIGHT at 7pm! Our Spring Nights mixers continue at @Don_Beachcomber - https://t.co/RekfvhtGXn #tiki #cocktail http://t.co/WQhwnZRwqm about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WarnerBrosTours: Did you know Stage 16 is the largest soundstage in North America? It even has a water tank underneath! #DaytimeEmmys h… about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A huge congrats to Five Hundy on their 500th episode! Truly fantastic people and the best Vegas podcast ever! #Vegas https://t.co/TEKDN9YeBo about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Follow TPA on Instagram
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
Tag Archives: Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City has been expanded into a previously undeveloped region of the park to make way for Fireman’s Landing, a themed area with 10 family adventures, 3 of which are new interactive play zones supplied by WhiteWater Attractions. Themed as an 1880s volunteer recruitment fair, Fireman’s Landing recognizes the contributions of community heroes, honoring the service of firefighters and stressing the importance of volunteering.
The three play zones include Firefighter’s Fire Drill, which is a Foam Factory that features interactive blasters, vacuums and cannons that propel, throw and dump thousands of foam balls to put out mock fires; Firefighter’s Fire Escape, a Contained Play with fun play elements to climb, jump on, slide down and explore and the Firefighter’s Junior Fire Escape, a soft play area for toddlers. The three attractions offer endless exploration for kids and parents of all ages, allowing the family to play together. All three immersive areas reside inside Fire Station No. 3, the main building within Fireman’s Landing.
Opened March 14, Fireman’s Landing substantially increases the park’s attractions, adding 10 family adventures in all. The new area has six family rides and four interactive play zones for kids and families in a highly themed area, saluting the spirit and training activities of community volunteer firefighters. The area, with theming recognizing the contributions of community heroes who serve as firefighters, is an 1880s volunteer recruitment fair. The storyline creates the atmosphere of the rides serving as “training” adventures for recruits and community heroes – all seeking to become part of the Silver Dollar City Fire Brigade.
The Showboat Branson Belle, decks its decks as well as the halls to kick off the holiday season with Christmas cruises on Table Rock Lake. Made in the USA, the world-class headliner production show, presents classic Christmas carols, holiday favorites and a patriotic finale, plus a one-of-a-kind performance of The Nutcracker Suite by violin-playing aerialist Janice Martin. A new Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer medley by the male vocal group, The ShowMen, celebrates the most famous reindeer of all on the 50th anniversary of the television special.
Silver Dollar City lights up its brightest season with a new $1 million light parade featuring the beloved Christmas character Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for An Old Time Christmas. One of the nation’s most acclaimed holiday festivals, An Old Time Christmas also features a 5-story Christmas tree with a light and sound show, Broadway-style musical productions, holiday foods and five million lights, November 1 – December 30 at the Branson, Missouri theme park.
Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Christmas Light Parade, led by the most famous reindeer of all, debuts on the 50th anniversary of the television special. First airing in 1964, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” is the longest-running, highest rated Christmas special in television history. As Grand Marshal, Rudolph leads the new evening parade of nine musical, lighted floats – one featuring Sam the Snowman — as it winds through the streets of the City. The floats, illuminated with 100,000 ultra-bright LED lights, were designed exclusively for Silver Dollar City, with animated features from huge drumming bears and cymbal-playing penguins to a cowboy doll rocking on a hand-carved wooden rocking horse. The parade is accompanied by 33 colorful costumed characters, including Rudolph’s friend Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, 14-foot moose characters, 12-foot tall elves and 10-foot candy canes, plus penguins, elves and a troupe of marching wooden soldiers.
In a major announcement, new for 2015, Silver Dollar City presents Fireman’s Landing, an $8 million development with 10 new family adventures in an all-new area, plus the world famous Harlem Globetrotters in their first-ever extended-run show, making 2015 the park’s biggest family year ever.
Set to open in Spring 2015, Fireman’s Landing substantially increases the park’s attractions, adding 10 family adventures in all. The new area has six family rides and four interactive play zones for kids and families in a highly themed area, saluting the spirit and training activities of community volunteer firefighters. The area, with theming recognizing the contributions of community heroes who serve as firefighters, is an 1880s volunteer recruitment fair, with rides and attractions for ages 3 to 93.
The big-sky, adventure-loving culture of the Great American Cowboy flavors the fall harvest fun as Silver Dollar City presents a new show featuring the Texas Trick Riders, the return of the high-action Western stunt show, craftsmen from around the country and top Western musicians, all part of the National Harvest Festival. With a theme saluting the cowboy, the festival runs September 12 – October 26 at the Branson, Missouri theme park.
(Branson, Mo. 12/6/12) Silver Dollar City’s An Old Time Christmas festival in Branson, Missouri, continues to gather top accolades, recently being named to USA Today’s “10 Great Places to Put a Spin on Christmas Spirit” and Yahoo Travel’s “America’s Best Places for Holiday Lights.”