- RT @ScareLosAngeles: It's Alive! It's Alive! The NEW ScareLA blog is...Live! Check it out for all things Halloween & #ScareLA exclusives: h… 07:00:10 PM April 15, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ScareLosAngeles: Get involved with ScareLA! Wanna teach a class? Build an on-site attraction? Fill out this form: http://t.co/gEzMjp1Qn… 06:59:59 PM April 15, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “@ScaryVisions: Another pic from the #hauntshow with @TPAMagazine (I'm on the right.) http://t.co/pJIzDZU4xh” Great new friends! 04:15:53 PM April 15, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone in reply to ScaryVisions ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Universal Orlando’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is Now Open
- High Octane Fast & Furious Thrill Ride Races onto the Scene at Universal Studios Hollywood in Electrifying New 3D-HD Attraction Featuring Original Cast from Universal Pictures’ Global Blockbuster Film Franchise, Summer 2015
- Disney Legends and Luminaries Celebrate Theme Park Favorites of Yesteryear at D23 Destination D: Attraction Rewind
- Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark Tops Off Ihu’s Breakaway Falls
- Disney Parks Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of ‘it’s a small world,’ Invites the World to Join a Global Sing-along at SmallWorld50.com
Tag Archives: Knott’s Scary Farm
On Sunday, January 19th, Theme Park Adventure held it’s first monthly mixer of 2014 – Winter Nights at Sam’s 2. To our great surprise, not only did we have a very good turnout for the event – we had a huge turnout, rivaling the biggest mixer we’ve had to date, which happened in November 2013! We didn’t bother with a final count, but by 10 p.m., well over 100 TPAers were mingling, eating and drinking on the patio outside of Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel!
Once in a blue moon, Knott’s Scary Farm in Buena Park, California, sees a Halloween Haunt maze that overcomes the usual two to four year lifespan that most attractions at the annual scare event last for. Such is the case of Slaughterhouse, a gory scream fest that was originally introduced to the Haunt line-up in 2008 by veteran designer Daniel Miller.
Knott’s Scary Farm has seen many wild and unique themes come and go in the past 41 Halloween Haunts. However, never before has the Berry Farm in Buena Park known for its rich western heritage and style featured a ghost town-based maze for its annual scare event! It was something that Knott’s designers really felt should be done before anyone else opted to go for that theme, and so, the task was given to Gus Krueger (Endgames, The Witch’s Keep) to develop and design what would become Gunslinger’s Grave.
2013 was one of the best Haunt seasons Knott’s Scary Farm has ever had. With a world-class design team and fearless leadership at the helm both in Buena Park as well as Ohio, the very evident push was made to raise the bar of quality and overall event excellence this year. One of the new mazes that was a huge hit with fans, and was Theme Park Adventure’s favorite Scary Farm attraction this year, was Black Magic.
2013 was a banner year for Knott’s Scary Farm. Between the return of Elvira to some of the most high quality mazes the event has ever seen added to the mix, our hats are off to the team behind Halloween Haunt for really pushing forward and expanding the horizon in Buena Park, California. As is the nature of the beast, some designs that look great on paper are ultimately a challenge to pull off in reality. Such was the case with Mirror, Mirror…
One of the biggest maze debuts last season at Knott’s Scary Farm in Buena Park, California, was Pinocchio Unstrung. Designed by Halloween Haunt veteran Daniel Miller, Pinocchio Unstrung received huge praise from hard core fans and industry figures alike, including Disney Imagineering Legend Tony Baxter, who said the maze was stunning, and “Disney quality” in its execution. Definitely a great debut year for Pinocchio; the real proof is in how well a Haunt maze ages over the seasons. With great anticipation, fans looked forward to seeing Pinocchio Unstrung return for 2013…
In 2012, Knott’s Scary Farm added a new attraction to their Halloween Haunt line-up for its 40th season: Trapped. The premise of Trapped was that small groups, or even individuals, would venture into the most adult-oriented maze experience ever created for the Buena Park event in Southern California. It was an up-charge attraction, which many — Theme Park Adventure included – questioned, with a $60 price tag. The doubts anyone had however, were quickly extinguished by the immediate and on-going success of Trapped for the entire 2012 Scary Farm season. We all knew this attraction would return for 2013, and it did. Trapped: The New Experiment was announced this past summer, and fans waited with great anticipation and anxiety for Halloween Haunt to begin.
One of the most highly anticipated new mazes of the 2013 season at Knott’s Scary Farm was Forevermore. In this maze, guests entered the twisted world of the “Forevermore Killer”, an individual who has used the writings of Edgar Allan Poe as thematic templates to his brutal and shocking murders, creating hellish crime scenes for all to see, thanks to the interest of the media, who reports on his every move…
On Sunday, September 8th, The Empty Grave in Anaheim, California will be home to a very unusual mix of vampires, ghouls, monsters and… clowns. Yes; clowns! The haunted attraction, which is located within the Anaheim GardenWalk, will be open for business all night long, with a special cast of talent kicking ass and raising Hell in the name of a fallen industry brother – Mark “Sumo” Sagato. All night long, 50% of the ticket sales will go to Mark’s loved ones. “Sumo” was taken away from all of us much too soon due to cardiac arrest last month. His family and loved ones need help and support in this impossibly challenging time.
Knott’s Scary Farm, home of spine tingling fears, has added even more thrills and excitement to its already monstrous Halloween Haunt lineup. Guests will thrill to the many ways they can customize their night with new ticket, dining, and Elvira merchandise opportunities now on-sale.