Most Popular Stories on TPA:
- Boysenberry Festival Returns to Knott’s Berry Farm
- Cracked – Survival Experience Extreme Haunt in UK
- Santa’s Village in Skyforest to Reopen?
- Honey Shack Haunted Attraction Launches Kickstarter Campaign
- It’s a Small World Fire at Disneyland Sparks Deep-Seated Fears
- DIG – Escape the Room at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Santa’s Village Opening Delayed Until at Least Summer 2015
- LAX Nightclub Remodel Complete at Luxor Las Vegas
- The Republic Launches Kickstarter Campaign for Orlando Attraction
- Golf Tournament for Fairytale Town this October
- The Basement – a Dark Escape Room Experience in Los Angeles
- Summer Nights at Sam’s 3 a Huge Success!
- Sinister Pointe’s Spirit Lounge Needs You!
- Knott’s Halloween Haunt Pricing 2013
- In the UK, @THORPEPARK announced its My First Coaster promo to kick off their 2015 season! http://t.co/yvDR5Gj9qP http://t.co/cKRJmraYKl about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ScareLosAngeles: Who's excited for our expansion to the Pasadena Convention Center? More room for classes and BIG presentations! http:/… about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KozmoKG: No line at the Old Mill today... but plenty of snow cones! #Knoebels #nomoresnow http://t.co/HEUJy08TgY about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Losangeleshaunt: #Repost @greathorrorcamp ・・・⁰FINAL tickets for Friday the 13th Movies Under the Stars available… https://t.co/l7X9KnKk… about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “@TheSixthKey: 91 Reasons jumped to #7 on the Film/TV Podomatic Listings!” Congrats! about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to TheSixthKey ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
Tag Archives: Home Haunt
One of my favorite aspects of Halloween and the way that Theme Park Adventure covers it each year are the home haunts in Southern California that we have the opportunity to visit and see first-hand. One home haunt that we first visited in 2012 is The Haunted Diary, located in Hollywood, just minutes away from Universal Studios. Each season, The Haunted Diary takes on a new theme; in 2013, it became Dark Carnival.
I’ve said this over and over lately – the line between home haunt and pro haunt has become increasingly blurred over the past several years, as folks become more savvy and technology becomes more easily accessible to the general public when it comes to Halloween. Such is the case with The Backwoods Maze, a home haunt of epic proportions in a quiet neighborhood in Burbank, California.
One of the things that I have said numerous time in the past couple years is how sophisticated and professional home haunts are becoming each passing season. Whether a crazy extravagant tech fest, a highly-detailed yard scene, or an honest to god maze, Theme Park Adventure has seen the art of home haunting improve and mature so greatly in just the past few years that it’s really exciting to see what comes next! One of our favorite home haunts is Perdition Home, located in Yorba Linda, California. This group of haunters constructs a full-scale maze in their driveway each Halloween, and it is nothing but badass!
One of the most outrageously amazing home haunts Theme Park Adventure has ever seen is The House at Haunted Hill, located in a quiet neighborhood in Woodland Hills, California. As Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights is the must-see large-scale haunt spectacle each year in Los Angeles, House at Haunted Hill is the must-see home haunt spectacle in the Greater LA Area every October.
Each Halloween season, Theme Park Adventure has its finger firmly on the pulse of Southern California regarding what happening. We visit all types of haunts during the season, from theme parks and stand alone attractions to yard displays. In 2013, TPA visited 30 different haunts between the end of September and the beginning of November. While we definitely get around, there are inevitably, some haunts we simply miss due to scheduling and time – or the lack thereof. We were aware of Big Worm’s Sherwood Scare home haunt/maze, but simply couldn’t fit it in to our initial Halloween schedule of events. However, once the second half of October rolled around, it was clear by the personal text messages and fan comments on Twitter that Sherwood Scare was not to be missed. Because of the amount of messages we received, we monkeyed with our schedule and fit Sherwood Scare in to the mix. Needless to say, we had high expectations…
As we rolled up to our first serious yard display of the Halloween season – Mourning Rose Manor in Simi Valley – I was suddenly overcome by an anxious feeling welling up from my gut. Not a bad feeling – but rather, that magical wonderment that I felt each season when houses were decorated nicely, be it for Halloween or Christmas. Nothing makes me feel like a kid again more than the holidays when people take the time and make an effort to set up a display in their yard for everyone to enjoy!
Here is a list of most of the major haunted attractions and home haunts in Southern California for 2012. If we missed a haunt, please contact us and it will be added to the list.
KNOTT’S HALLOWEEN HAUNT
Buena Park, CA
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS HOLLYWOOD
Universal City, CA