Most Popular Stories on TPA:
- Twisted Colossus Delivers Huge Thrills at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- A Deep Dive Look at Voyage to the Iron Reef at Knott’s Berry Farm
- Santa’s Village in Skyforest to Reopen?
- Europe’s First Fusion Waterslide Opens at Aquaparc
- Mako Hypercoaster Announced for SeaWorld Orlando 2016
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter Receives Thea Award
- D23 EXPO 2015 Announces Disneyland: The Exhibit
- TPA’s Summer Nights at Don’s June 2015 Mixer Announced
- Disneyland’s 59th Anniversary – Love Letters & Memories
- Santa’s Village Opening Delayed Until at Least Summer 2015
- TPA’s Spring Nights at Don’s 3 Mixer Bids Aloha to the Season
- Halloween Horror Nights 2013 Tickets Now on Sale
- Golf Tournament for Fairytale Town this October
- REVIEW: Haunt S.B. 2013
- Knott’s Halloween Haunt Pricing 2013
- Jimmy Buffett to Play MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas http://t.co/aRc5DMAw44 http://t.co/il0WaJ9aYf about 46 minutes ago from WordPress.com ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mako, a huge hypercoaster, has been announced for @SeaWorld Orlando! http://t.co/kffgdDhwit #Orlando #rollercoaster http://t.co/xMdHmpqCLP about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mako Hypercoaster Announced for SeaWorld Orlando 2016 http://t.co/VAPktBUjZo http://t.co/rE2dVGXINP about 4 hours ago from WordPress.com ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USHToday: @TPAMagazine @Don_Beachcomber Just looked at their website. Wow! I'll be there for my very first TPA mixer! See you there! -… about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JeffDePaoli Hells yes! about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to JeffDePaoli ReplyRetweetFavorite
Follow TPA on Instagram
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
Tag Archives: Halloween
Everyone is entitled to one good scare… and beginning September 19, Universal Orlando will give guests more than one reason to scream as it brings to life John Carpenter’s classic horror film Halloween.
Based on the classic 1978 slasher film, the all-new haunted house follows the story of Michael Myers, a deranged boy from Haddonfield, IL. It is Halloween night and no one is safe as the psychotic killer embarks on a murderous rampage. With his iconic mask to hide his identity, Michael sets out for new blood and will stop at nothing as he stalks his victims. Every scene tells the tale of a different kill and if you’re not careful, you could be next.
Ticket Presale Now Live for Southern California’s Hit Halloween Convention; After a Smashing First-year Success, Returns Bigger and Even More Interactive With New Haunted Attraction Reveals, Panels, Classes, Vendors and Immersive Experiences; Promises Tricks and Treats for All Ages
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — May 2, 2014 — ScareLA, the first-ever Southern California Halloween convention, announced today it will return to downtown Los Angeles on August 9 and 10, 2014 at The Reef (formerly known as LA Mart). The event celebrates the West Coast’s Halloween, haunt, and horror community and fans with exclusive presentations, industry panels, hands-on workshops, onsite attractions and an exhibitor show floor designed to inspire and promote play. Limited-time presale tickets are now available for purchase on the convention’s website, offering a 30% savings for early birds with code PRESCARE.
That’s right, party peeps! We have just announced this month’s gathering – TPA’s Winter Nights at Sam’s 3! This month’s mixer will be held on Sunday February 16th at 7:00 p.m. on the patio outside of Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel.
As is the case with each of our Sam’s mixers, guests of all ages are more than welcome to attend. We just remind you that this is a bar environment, and adult conversation and drinkage does occur. Please use your best judgment when considering who comes for the night and who gets a babysitter for the evening!
One of my favorite aspects of Halloween and the way that Theme Park Adventure covers it each year are the home haunts in Southern California that we have the opportunity to visit and see first-hand. One home haunt that we first visited in 2012 is The Haunted Diary, located in Hollywood, just minutes away from Universal Studios. Each season, The Haunted Diary takes on a new theme; in 2013, it became Dark Carnival.
Last Halloween season, rather than travel out of state to experience non-local Halloween events, Theme Park Adventure drove up the California coast to beautiful Santa Barbara to check out Haunt S.B., that city’s only haunted house attraction for the second year running. Haunter Matt Dorado and his creative team of talented spooksters took it upon themselves to blaze the trail and give the seaside community something to scream about during October. The Haunt S.B. team went to work on a theatrical concept that didn’t pull any punches; in fact, guests had to sign waivers stating that they understood it would be an interactive experience, and that there’d be physical contact involved along the way by the haunt’s actors!
2013 was a banner year for Knott’s Scary Farm. Between the return of Elvira to some of the most high quality mazes the event has ever seen added to the mix, our hats are off to the team behind Halloween Haunt for really pushing forward and expanding the horizon in Buena Park, California. As is the nature of the beast, some designs that look great on paper are ultimately a challenge to pull off in reality. Such was the case with Mirror, Mirror…
Located in a nondescript building at the Odd Fellows Temple in Downtown Los Angeles, Alone: An Existential Haunting was described as “one part interactive theater, one part psychological haunting”, where guests had to be over the age of 18, sign a waiver, and experience it completely by themselves. I was immediately intrigued at this new haunted attraction, and hoped it would be similar to Blackout Haunted House, but something more supernatural in nature, without “torture” elements.
I’ve said this over and over lately – the line between home haunt and pro haunt has become increasingly blurred over the past several years, as folks become more savvy and technology becomes more easily accessible to the general public when it comes to Halloween. Such is the case with The Backwoods Maze, a home haunt of epic proportions in a quiet neighborhood in Burbank, California.
One of the things that I have said numerous time in the past couple years is how sophisticated and professional home haunts are becoming each passing season. Whether a crazy extravagant tech fest, a highly-detailed yard scene, or an honest to god maze, Theme Park Adventure has seen the art of home haunting improve and mature so greatly in just the past few years that it’s really exciting to see what comes next! One of our favorite home haunts is Perdition Home, located in Yorba Linda, California. This group of haunters constructs a full-scale maze in their driveway each Halloween, and it is nothing but badass!