On July 13th, Theme Park Adventure hosted its Summer Nights at Sam’s 2 mixer at Trader Sam’s, located at the Disneyland Hotel. TPA’s monthly gatherings are free and open to all themed entertainment fans, haunters and industry professionals – and there is always a fantastic blend of each representing! July’s gathering was no different, as everyone socialized and mingled under the tiki torches on the patio outside of Sam’s and Tangaroa Terrace! Our Summer Nights 2 gathering was the final mixer before ScareLA 2014, so the crowd was extra-excited and pumped by the up-coming Halloween convention, which was held August 9th and 10th in downtown Los Angeles. So, there were lots of really excited Halloween fans in attendance, as Theme Park Adventure makes up 1/2 of ScareLA’s production team. The night was filled with the usual antics – lots of naughty tiki drinks, some great food from both Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s, and of course, our monthly raffle! What started out as a random occurrence every once in a while has become a cornerstone of each month’s mixer, with fans and industry folks kicking in prizes to share with the community, which is beyond amazing to us! July’s raffle prizes included:
- An original Islands of Adventure soundtrack CD, and a wacky TV themes collection CD from our dear friend Ken S.
- An unopened set of old pogs from Knott’s Berry Farm, courtesy of Knott’s Network
- A nice set of horror DVDs from our pal Stephen H.
- A vampire-themed belt buckle from our great friend, Frank W.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas DVD from everyone’s favorite party girl, Raquel P!
- A Knott’s Scary Farm media parking sign, courtesy of Knott’s Berry Farm
- “Vintage” Haunt monster ops passes from Halloween Haunt, courtesy of Jeff Tucker
- A spooky cool, original painting by TPAer Mel H!
- 2 Fear Freak weekend passes to ScareLA
We love the outpouring of raffle prizes from people that just want to give and give back to this community of fans; it’s amazing. TPAer Mel H. wanted to give something to raffle so much that she took to her art passion and created something for Theme Park Adventure to raffle off – it doesn’t get more badass and personal than that, kids – we love it, and are so humbled by everyone’s enthusiasm for what we do and celebrate each month! Our next mixer will be Summer Nights at Sam’s 3, held Sunday, August 17th at 7 P.M. at Trader Sam’s.
If you have not yet made your RSVP, please do so, so that we may know how many TPAers to expect! This will be the final Summer Nights gathering for 2014, which means if you haven’t yet received your free Summer Nights button, this is your last chance (Rick will have 30 to give out to those who haven’t gotten one yet). We will also make an announcement regarding our TPA 20th Anniversary Bash, coming in September! It’s exciting, and we’re looking forward to sharing it with all of you very soon!