On April 27th, we spent a fantastic Southern California evening under the tiki torches of Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel, and it was a blast! More than 75 TPAers from far and near converged on Anaheim for several hours of networking fun and delicious Polynesian cocktails; it truly was a wonderful time spent with some of the greatest folks anywhere.
The Spring Nights 2 crowd was an awesome mix of old and new friends coming from all over California – from San Diego, to San Francisco; it’s always mind-blowing to see how far TPAers will come each month to mingle! There were also some new faces, which we get really excited about – we love seeing the Theme Park Adventure community grow. Extra props to fans that come by themselves; that’s never an easy first step to take in any social situation.
Since our soiree was on the heels of Easter, we made sure to throw some candy and chocolates into the raffle prize mix, which is always pleasing to our TPAers; they love the sweets! In addition to Easter candy, Spring Nights 2 saw some fantastic prizes given away, including:
- A phone/device speaker from the grand opening of The Little Mermaid at Disney California Adventure courtesy of TPA
- A Cars Land bag with a hat and beverage travel mug from the 2012 grand opening of the area at DCA courtesy of TPA
- A brand-new 2010 Knott’s Halloween Haunt employee T-shirt courtesy of Knott’s Berry Farm
- 2 Minion Operation games from the awesome team at Universal Studios Hollywood, where Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem has just opened
- 2 awesome skull sconces from our friends at Abracadaver Productions
- 2 tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood, courtesy of our good friends at USH
- A gorgeous framed painting called “Friki Tiki Doom” by John Pelico to celebrate the partnership between Killer Pumpkins and Scareventures in rolling out several new lines of products based on the KP style: Punk’ns in the Kingdom, and Steampunk’ns, as well as new tiki-themed pieces
In addition to a wonderful raffle session, Theme Park Adventure’s Rick West made some exclusive ScareLA announcements to the enthusiastic crowd, including the news that presale tickets for the August 9th and 10th event in downtown Los Angeles are now on sale (30% discount for now at the time of this article’s posting – use code PRESCARE when making your purchase during this discount window), and that this summer’s event will include a live zombie shooting gallery on the show floor, brought to you by the great team at Haunted Hollywood Sports! TPA is part of ScareLA’s production team, and usually offers exclusive new information to fans attending our mixers at Trader Sam’s each month leading up to the convention!
The date for Spring Nights at Sam’s 3 has been set for May 18th at 7 P.M! If you have not yet made your RSVP on our Facebook fan page, please click over and do so now! This will be our final Spring Nights gathering of 2014, which means that we begin our Summer Nights series in June with an all-new tiki button design, commemorating Theme Park Adventure’s 20th Anniversary, which kicks off this September! If you haven’t yet received your Spring Nights button, we’ll have 30 on hand for the first TPAers to arrive that don’t yet have one for this season!
We look forward to seeing you all very soon! Aloha!