More than 75 fans, haunters and themed entertainment industry professionals spent the evening chatting, laughing and enjoying great tiki drinks from Trader Sam’s, as well as tasty treats from Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel! As usual, the event was a wildly fun train wreck of tiki drinks, raffle prizes, outrageous moments and networking. Lots and lots of networking!
One of the coolest observations from Spring Nights at Sam’s 3 was that we met a lot of new TPAers! It’s always really satisfying to see brand-new faces show up for our mixers; it takes a lot of guts to come alone when you don’t know anyone – however, we’re seeing more and more of that lately, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! So, a huge shout out to everyone that came out by themselves – by the end of the night, everyone was laughing and hanging out like they were old pals, and we totally dig that!
As usual, we had a crazy raffle session and were able to give away some truly great items, thanks to the on-going generous contributions of our friends and partners! Here’s the prize list from May’s raffle:
- Despicable Me Operation game courtesy of our good friends at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Bats Day 2014 complete button set by our friends at Bats Day
- Ghost Train T-shirts, courtesy of the fantastic team behind Ghost Train at LA Live Steamers in Griffith Park
- A limited edition Fantasia 2000 CD, and a Disneyland Paris CD, courtesy of our dear friend Ken S.
- A tiki mug from Damon’s Steakhouse in Glendale, designed and signed by renowned artist Tom “Thor” Thordarson
- Haunted Mansion replica doorknobs from the always-generous Abracadaver Productions
- A monster-sized Godzilla gift bag, complete with movie tickets, courtesy of The Fright Zone
A pair of tickets to ScareLA 2014, courtesy of ScareLA’s production team
Speaking of ScareLA 2014… Rick West (Creative Programming Producer for ScareLA) had some hot announcements to share first with the group of enthused TPAers:
- The Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Presentation featuring John Murdy and Chris Williams will be held on Sunday, August 10th
- A special presentation titled When Hinges Creak: Celebrating 45 Years of The Haunted Mansion will be hosted by Jeff Baham of Doombuggies.com, featuring Disney Imagineering Legend Bob Gurr on Saturday, August 9th – the actual anniversary of the iconic Disneyland attraction
The ScareLA team had a table set up at the mixer, where we had information on hand regarding signing up as a volunteer to help with the August 9th and 10th Halloween convention in Los Angeles. If you were unable to attend Spring Nights at Sam’s 3, but are interested in becoming a part of the team, click here for the ScareLA volunteer contact page!
Spring Nights at Sam’s 3 concluded our spring 2014 gatherings, but fear not! This month, we kick off our Summer Nights at Sam’s 2014 mixers, complete with a brand-new TPA tiki that celebrates a huge milestone for us and our fans – Theme Park Adventure’s 20th Anniversary, which officially begins this coming September! Once again, our friend Tom “Thor” Thordarson has put pen to paper, creating a truly whimsical and very cool tiki logo that will be available as a new button, beginning this month!
Our first Summer Nights at Sam’s mixer will be held at Trader Sam’s on Sunday, June 22nd, beginning at 7 P.M. Please click over to the event’s Facebook page and RSVP, so we and the good people at Disneyland Hotel can know how many TPAers to expect this month!
Thank you all for being so incredibly supportive – what a truly fantastic Spring Nights at Sam’s series we had this year!
TPAers, did you attend Spring Nights at Sam’s 3 last month? Was it your first time, or have you been attending for a while? What do you love most about our mixers? What’s your favorite tiki drink to enjoy from Trader Sam’s during the event? Share your thoughts and discuss with other fans below!