As the year comes to a close, we spend a lot of time reflecting on the past 12 months and the journey it’s been through 2015 with our friends and loved ones. During the year, we have hosted quite a few mixers at Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach, California. There’s no way we’d let the year end without taking a look back at that wild and crazy night on November 8th when fans and haunters alike came together to share their wild tales of the Halloween season, and to laugh the night away as a community.
Traditionally our largest mixer of the year, this November’s certainly didn’t disappoint. In fact, the group that showed up for our Post-Halloween Bash was the biggest was the biggest we’ve ever hosted, with well over 200 people in attendance. Themed entertainment fans, haunters, and industry professionals – it was a fantastic group that filled the Hidden Village quite nicely at Don’s, mixing and mingling for hours!
In addition to awesome networking, drinking and eating, we held a raffle, which included:
- Miscellaneous horror DVDs from our friend, Wes O.
- Zombie Dice, a Christmas ornament package, and other assorted goodies from TPAer Laura L.
- A Ward 13 T-shirt and poster from the good folks at Evil Twin Studios
- Winter Fest passes for 2, with ice skating tickets and inner tube wristbands, courtesy of the Winter Fest team
- 2 passes to Six Flags Magic Mountain to enjoy Holiday in the Park, courtesy of our pals at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- 2 passes to Knott’s Merry Farm, courtesy of the awesome team at Knott’s Berry Farm
- 2 tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood to check out Grinchmas, thanks to the great folks at Universal Studios Hollywood
- A mask from a vintage Knott’s Scary Farm maze, as well as 91 Reasons souvenir goodness from our pal Jeff Tucker – from 91 Reasons Podcast
- 4 tickets to Chill at the Queen Mary, courtesy of the folks at Queen Mary/Chill
If that wasn’t enough, Barham Lounge Productions was in the house, and presented every adult that wanted one with a ticket to their Haunted Harvest After-Halloween Party, which we thought was very generous – a huge thanks going out to them as well as everyone else that participated in our raffle!
This year has seen many fantastic Theme Park Adventure gatherings and mixers; a big shout out to our friends – Emerson Duque and his crew – at Don the Beachcomber for always being so welcoming and excited to have us! We love hanging at Don’s and look forward to another year of tiki-infused shenanigans to come!
We definitely also want to than each and every one in the TPA fan community that made the effort and took the time to come hang out with us throughout the year. I’ve said it before, and will always say it – our fans are the coolest mix of individuals we could ever hope for, and we’re honored that you enjoy us and what we do so much to come hang out a few hours at a time with us celebrating this very special community.
If you’ve never been to a TPA mixer, you will have your next opportunity on January 17, 2016! Make it your new year’s resolution! Even if you come alone, you’ll soon be surrounded by incredible new friends and will be welcomed with open arms into the group! Please visit the TPA Facebook Fan Page to read up on the details and make your RSVP! Let’s chime in the new year together!
Thank you all again for being such a tremendous inspiration! You rock, and we’re grateful always to have each of you in our community! See you in 2016!
– Rick West
Fans can follow Theme Park Adventure via social media on Facebook, Instagram (search our posts with #ThemeParkAdventure), Twitter, and Periscope for live streams of our travels and special events! Our most popular and unique Periscope broadcasts are archived and may be viewed on our Katch channel.