Most Popular Stories on TPA:
- Making Monsters: The Art of Terror Coming to ScareLA 2015
- Disneyland Calling on Fans to Dress Dapper for July 17 Anniversary
- Santa’s Village in Skyforest to Reopen?
- Legend of Disneyland’s Hatbox Ghost ScareLA Panel Announced
- The Basement Escape Room Featured on The Bachelorette
- Disneyland’s 59th Anniversary – Love Letters & Memories
- Knott’s Berry Farm Serves up New Dining Plan Options
- Knott’s Scary Farm 2014 Returning Maze Reviews
- Hogwarts Takes Shape – Universal Studios Hollywood
- REVIEW: Dominion of the Damned 2013 Knott’s Scary Farm
- Golf Tournament for Fairytale Town this October
- Halloween Horror Nights 2013 Tickets Now on Sale
- Sinister Pointe’s Spirit Lounge Needs You!
- REVIEW: Knott’s Scary Farm New Mazes 2014
- Celebrate the 4th at @BuschGardens Tampa! http://t.co/OfrEWvR7Ex #4thofJuly #Tampa #themepark #fireworks #Florida http://t.co/Lmdjgn0neR about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ReelGuise: Photo: The Walking Dead Fragrance Collection! See it at ScareLA Saturday, August 8th, we will be there! http://t.co/jf5Db2JF… about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MastersOfFear: #Horror #Convention RT from @ScareLosAngeles : RT @TPAMagazine: Lara Hanneman will be part… http://t.co/6W6y67FbmZ http:… about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SFMagicMountain: Celebrate #July4 w/Coasters, Pyro-Show, EarlyRideTime w/Coke can + paid tkt: http://t.co/pLTvM6Z3nC #Ahh #CokeJuly4th … about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DescansoGardens: #descansosummer continues tonight w/jazz on the Main Lawn! Join us until 8 pm for pulled pork & boozy lemonade. http:/… about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Follow TPA on Instagram
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
Following last year’s very successful Making Monsters panel presentation, ScareLA is excited to announce this summer’s second iteration – Making Monsters: The Art of Terror. Hosted by Rick West, Programming Producer for ScareLA and Founder and Editor of Theme Park Adventure, Making Monsters 2015 will bring together art directors from Southern California’s largest Halloween attractions to discuss the creative process that goes into designing each haunt and the roles they play individually within their teams.
Art directors help create and approve the overall look of a haunted attraction – from facades to individual scenes, monsters, and scare zones. Through concept sketches and highly-detailed renderings, art directors guide teams through production, construction, and installation to ensure the final product turns out just as the team originally envisioned.
In honor of the park’s 60th Anniversary, Disneyland is calling on its fans and visitors to show their 1955 Disney Side by dressing up – or dapper – to commemorate the 1955 opening and the attire that men and women of that day and age wore to the park. Chances are, it’s going to be incredibly hot that day – just like it was 60 years ago as womens’ heels sunk into fresh asphalt on Main Street! There won’t be any heel-sinking happening this year, but as the day turns to night, it should be great fun seeing tons of fans showing up in coats, dresses and fedoras to join in the festivities.
While the park hasn’t disclosed what guests can specifically expect to find on July 17, they have said that there will be special entertainment, along with unique photo locations to commemorate the milestone date.
Guests can rock their patriotic Disney Side at Walt Disney World Resort on July 3 and 4 to celebrate Independence Day. With themed souvenirs, characters adorned in festive attire and breathtaking fireworks bursting in air, it is a magical two-day celebration to honor America’s birthday.
Patriotic firework displays light up the sky the evenings of July 3 and 4:
- A 14-minute fireworks spectacular rockets into the air above Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom both nights at 9 p.m. with Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Coolest Summer Ever Dance Party leads up to a Rockin’ Fourth of July Celebration fireworks show, a pyrotechnic, rock ‘n roll trip across America, where the DJ kicks things off at 5:45 p.m. and keeps the party going until fireworks time at 10:15 p.m.
Join Disney Legend Tony Baxter and renowned artists Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily as they take to ScareLA’s Main Stage on Saturday, August 8th at 12 PM to discuss the lore and legend of the Haunted Mansion’s most infamous resident, the Hatbox Ghost.
Legend of Disneyland’s Hatbox Ghost will be moderated by the owner, producer and host of the Season Pass Podcast, Doug Barnes.
On Independence Day, Busch Gardens Tampa celebrates the red, white and blue all day, and even when the sun goes down, with thrill rides in the dark, live entertainment and an incredible fireworks show.
Open until midnight, guests can celebrate the Fourth of July festivities all night long. Challenge Florida’s top thrill rides, like North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower Falcon’s Fury or Florida’s first and only triple-launch coaster Cheetah Hunt. Plus, fireworks illuminate the sky at 9:30 p.m., with the best views in Gwazi Park right after the rock-fueled acrobatics show, Kinetix.
Tiki drinks and lots of laughs were in abundance as fans of all ages, haunters, and industry professionals mingled, talking shop while getting to know each other better. All the while, shenanigans were on tap, as music played and guests enjoyed the grab-n-go food station set up by the staff at Don the Beachcomber for us.
This month, we unveiled a brand-new TPA tiki logo by our good friend, Tom “Thor” Thordarson – which he drew in the likeness of Don the Beach himself, straw hat and all! It is a very cool design, and our TPAers love it! We gave 30 Summer Nights buttons away to the first TPAers to show up at 7pm, and will continue to give another 30 away at the beginning of our next mixer in July!
When Britain’s most famous ocean liner was still a dream, the Cunard Lines recruited the John Brown shipyard in Scotland to build what would become the world’s most famous ocean liner. When Britain’s certified LEGO builders, Bright Bricks Inc. decided to commemorate the ship in LEGO Bricks – they never dreamed the huge model would someday come to Long Beach and be displayed on the actual Queen Mary. “The agreement to display our model on the ship is the perfect end to a wonderful LEGO adventure,” said Bright Bricks co-founder, Ed Diment.
The LEGO company certifies only a few official model makers; Bright Bricks is located in England and is a well-established creative resource. “Companies from around the world hire us to interpret their products or brand using LEGO bricks. But, in this case, we decided to build the Queen Mary for our own satisfaction. It required four professional builders and over 250,000 individual LEGO bricks. It took almost four months to complete the project,” Diment added.
Spend this 4th of July making memories at Worlds of Fun! Worlds of Fun will light of the sky with a massive fireworks display on Friday, Saturday and Sunday beginning at 10 PM. That’s not all! In addition to fireworks all weekend long, enjoy much more this 4th of July weekend:
Dollar Days are back! Hot dogs, grilled corn-on-the-cob and watermelon slices are only $1 each for a limited time. It’s not the Fourth of July without these classic American treats! Dollar items will be sold at specific locations.
Cool down on these hot summer days and enjoy Oceans of Fun until 9 PM on Friday and Saturday.
Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark hosted the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson this month. Aquatica Orlando was among 900 aquatic centers, pools and waterparks that hosted a swim lesson to help break last year’s world record of 36,564 lesson participants and help save lives.
Beating last year’s record at Aquatica, 149 children took part in the record setting swim lesson that took place at Big Surf Shores. After completing the certified swim lesson each participant received an official certificate and admission to enjoy Aquatica for the rest of the day.
U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame member and three-time Olympic gold medalist, Ambrose “Rowdy” Gaines was onsite to lend a helping hand with the lesson. “Today was a great day and I was happy to offer a helping hand and kick-off today’s lesson. The goal of this event is to draw attention to accidental drowning’s and to encourage swimming lesson programs,” said Ambrose Gaines.
This event never seen before in Europe will take place at Disneyland Paris. It will propose a mix of unique races for kids and adults. The weekend will be organized with support of runDisney and its successful 20 years experience in staging running events at US Disney theme parks.
The new three-day race weekend will involve kids races, a 5K family race and a half marathon, plus several family fun experiences such as the Health and Fitness Expo, a Friday night private party and the Saturday night pre-race Pasta Party.
“We couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming runDisney. It will make Disneyland Paris the world’s third Disney destination to host this successful sporting event that offers a whole new running experience for the young and young-at-heart,’’ said Tom Wolber, Président of Euro Disney S.A.S.