The refurbishment of both iconic areas began in early January 2014. The classic Calico Mine Ride, Knott’s first major attraction and theme park industry icon, is currently undergoing an all-encompassing refurbishment complete with new state-of-the-art animatronic figures and enhanced scenery.
The top-to-bottom restorations of the mine include:
– Nearly 50 animatronic humans
– More than 120 characters spread through classic and re-imagined scenes
– State-of-the art lighting
– The mountain’s robust exterior has also been restored with fresh new succulents, extended and repainted rockwork and detailed lighting added to enhance its façade
– Digitally Re-recorded audio
– All-new special effects throughout the mine
– Original special effects have been lovingly re-created, like real steam in the Bubbling Pots scene
– A revamped ending in the explosion tunnel that is sure to excite guests of all ages
Beginning June 14, 2014, Knott’s Berry Farm invites guests to embark on new mining adventures through the twisting tunnels and unforgettable scenes of the beautifully restored Calico Mine Ride. Also celebrating its grand reopening on June 14 is a fresh Camp Snoopy, featuring three new rides and exciting surprises around every corner of the high sierra playground for kids and families.