Universal Orlando celebrated the official Grand Opening of its fourth on-site hotel – Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – this evening with a beach bash featuring a surprise performance by The Beach Boys. The brand-new hotel features a total of 1,800 moderate and value priced rooms that evoke the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and ’60s.
Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colors, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun. Cabana Bay guests can experience incredible amenities throughout the hotel, including:
· Soaking up the sun at the 6,000 square foot sand beach surrounding the 8,000 square foot zero-entry pool at the Lazy River Courtyard
· Taking in the stunning view of the Lazy River Courtyard while savoring a specialty cocktail, a freshly made smoothie and simple grill menu items from the rooftop deck at The Hideaway Bar & Grill
· Bowling a strike at the 10-lane Galaxy Bowl
· Channeling the godfather of fitness at the Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio
· Racing down the iconic dive tower waterslide and splashing into a 10,000 square foot zero-entry pool in the Cabana Courtyard
· Enjoying a retro-themed specialty cocktail from Swizzle Lounge or Atomic Tonic
· Finding something delicious for the entire family at Bayliner Diner, a food court with something for everyone to enjoy including a salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta and grab-and-go items
Rates for the standard guest rooms begin at $119 per night, and can run as low as $93 per-night depending on the length of stay. Rates for the family suites begin at $174 per-night, and can run as low as $134 per-night depending on the length of stay. Cabana Bay guests also get exclusive benefits only available to on-site hotel guests at Universal Orlando, including Early Park Admission one hour before the theme parks open.
The value-priced standard guest room features two queen size beds, a mini fridge, and a flat screen TV for a comfortable and affordable stay. The family suite sleeps up to six people and includes two queen size beds, a fold-out foam bed, kitchenette, a sliding partition for privacy, two flat-screen TVs and a bathroom with preparation spaces for three people at once.
“Our new hotel is a destination unto itself,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Universal Parks and Resorts. “From the incredible retro design to the bowling alley to the lazy river and more – this hotel is the perfect complement to our other hotels.”
“Cabana Bay Beach Resort is an exciting and first of its kind addition to the Loews Hotels & Resorts family,” said Jonathan Tisch, Chairman, Loews Hotels & Resorts. “We are thrilled to bring a unique and fun offering to guests traveling to Orlando, as we open our fourth hotel with our partners at Universal Parks and Resorts.”
To learn more or to make a reservation, call 1-888-273-1311 or visit www.universalorlando.com. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is co-owned and operated by Loews Hotels & Resorts.
TPAers, what do you think of Cabana Bay? It looks like a lot of fun to us! Will you be staying there or checking it out when visiting Orlando? Have you already stayed at this new Universal property hotel? What did you think of your stay? Share your thoughts with fellow fans below!