- RT @Boneyardfx: Almost done shooting our "how to" video on pre-painting FX FACES Rip Off Prosthetics ! #fxfaces http://t.co/I60YirIsH6 09:45:14 PM March 06, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The entrance to the High Roller is open at @TheLINQ in Vegas; employees are on hand to answer questions! @fivehundy http://t.co/NHVjIopjSP 07:19:54 PM March 06, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- All we got was a picture! Thanks for clarifying. RT @insideuniversal: @TPAMagazine @UniStudios Preview did not include the actual ride. 06:31:44 PM March 06, 2014 from Echofon ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Discovery Cove Offers Florida Residents Getaway Rate
- Port Adventures Immerse Disney Cruise Line Guests in Splendor and Culture of Alaska during 2014 Season
- Adventures by Disney Announces New Film-Inspired Norway Itinerary for 2014
- Disney Parks Invites Guests to ‘Rock Your Disney Side’ With 24-Hour Kickoff to Summer on Both Coasts
- Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend to Swoop into Disneyland Resort in California this Fall
Author Archives: Rick West
SeaWorld’s “Sea of Surprises” float won the prestigious President’s Award at the 125th annual Rose Parade on New Year’s Day. This award is presented to the float with the “Most Effective Floral Use and Presentation.”
The 55-foot-long float was a festive tribute to SeaWorld’s 50th celebration kicking off this year, and featured some of the park’s most popular animals. Hundreds of thousands of flowers and natural materials made up the colorful reefs, waves, coral and sea life displayed on the float. SeaWorld San Diego employees donated time to work alongside float builders and help apply live flowers.
All of us at Theme Park Adventure wish you and yours the most successful and happy new year! Make it epic, and make this new chapter the best you’ve ever had wherever life takes you!
- Rick, Johanna and the TPA Crew
Once in a blue moon, Knott’s Scary Farm in Buena Park, California, sees a Halloween Haunt maze that overcomes the usual two to four year lifespan that most attractions at the annual scare event last for. Such is the case of Slaughterhouse, a gory scream fest that was originally introduced to the Haunt line-up in 2008 by veteran designer Daniel Miller.
Knott’s Scary Farm has seen many wild and unique themes come and go in the past 41 Halloween Haunts. However, never before has the Berry Farm in Buena Park known for its rich western heritage and style featured a ghost town-based maze for its annual scare event! It was something that Knott’s designers really felt should be done before anyone else opted to go for that theme, and so, the task was given to Gus Krueger (Endgames, The Witch’s Keep) to develop and design what would become Gunslinger’s Grave.
Theme Park Adventure wishes you and yours the warmth of Christmas and all that it brings – laughter, romance, love, and those closest to you sharing in making memories that will last your lifetime. Whether you’re visiting a theme park, having a quiet holiday in your pajamas, or far from home this Christmas, we sincerely hope you are happy and well!
Merry Christmas, everyone!
- Rick and Johanna
$17 million, in donations,
Includes tickets and cash,
Has a feeling
Toy bins filling,
Granting wish after wish,
And from the community you’ll hear:
It’s giving time in the city.
Ring-a-ling, care packaging,
Soon reaching troops far away.
2013 was one of the best Haunt seasons Knott’s Scary Farm has ever had. With a world-class design team and fearless leadership at the helm both in Buena Park as well as Ohio, the very evident push was made to raise the bar of quality and overall event excellence this year. One of the new mazes that was a huge hit with fans, and was Theme Park Adventure’s favorite Scary Farm attraction this year, was Black Magic.
The countdown to 2014 begins at Universal CityWalk as The Entertainment Capital of L.A. ushers in the new year with Los Angeles’ biggest and most dynamic New Year’s Eve celebration featuring spectacular fireworks displays, thousands of pounds of confetti, and non-stop live concert and DJ performances throughout Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios Hollywood to welcome 2014.
Permanently moored in Long Beach, California, the Queen Mary is one of Southern California’s top tourist attractions. Once a mighty sailing ship, the Queen Mary is now a museum, hotel, events and dining destination that sees many thousands of visitors each year. During October, the legendary vessel takes on a very sinister persona; the Queen and its surrounding area become Dark Harbor, one of the largest Halloween events in the world. Theme Park Adventure had not paid a visit since 2010. Dark Harbor employs several TPAers and is operated by personal friends of ours in the industry, so when we began filling up our 2013 calendar for the haunt season, Dark Harbor was absolutely at the top of our list!