- RT @knotts: Stop on by our Topiary Tasting Garden and sample some beer & wine at the Boysenberry Festival. #KnottsSpring http://t.co/jdSeRG… 03:03:12 PM April 18, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ScareLosAngeles: It's Alive! It's Alive! The NEW ScareLA blog is...Live! Check it out for all things Halloween & #ScareLA exclusives: h… 07:00:10 PM April 15, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ScareLosAngeles: Get involved with ScareLA! Wanna teach a class? Build an on-site attraction? Fill out this form: http://t.co/gEzMjp1Qn… 06:59:59 PM April 15, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Universal Orlando’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is Now Open
- High Octane Fast & Furious Thrill Ride Races onto the Scene at Universal Studios Hollywood in Electrifying New 3D-HD Attraction Featuring Original Cast from Universal Pictures’ Global Blockbuster Film Franchise, Summer 2015
- Disney Legends and Luminaries Celebrate Theme Park Favorites of Yesteryear at D23 Destination D: Attraction Rewind
- Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark Tops Off Ihu’s Breakaway Falls
- Disney Parks Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of ‘it’s a small world,’ Invites the World to Join a Global Sing-along at SmallWorld50.com
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomed its first guests this April. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colors, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun. Cabana Bay guests can experience incredible amenities throughout the hotel, including:
Pulse-pounding, adrenaline-inducing action will become the finale of Universal Studios Hollywood’s world-famous “Studio Tour” with the summer 2015 introduction of the gripping, high speed, 3D-HD thrill ride, “Fast & Furious—Supercharged,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ most successful film franchise of all time and featuring original cast members from the series.
This technologically advanced, epic ride will reunite stars from the Fast & Furious series in a groundbreaking mega-attraction, conceived as a new installment to the dynamic film franchise that can only be experienced at The Entertainment Capital of L.A. “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” will catapult guests into the high-stakes underground world of fast cars, where—after their identity is exposed—they’ll join the cast in a harrowing escapade to save one of their own from an international crime cartel.
Walt Disney once said, “We keep moving forward—opening up new doors and doing new things—because we’re curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” It’s in that spirit that guests this fall will have the opportunity to visit—or revisit—some of the most beloved Disney attractions of yesteryear. D23 Destination D: Attraction Rewind presented by H2O Plus will take place November 22 and 23 at Walt Disney World Resort.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will bring Disney archivists, Imagineers, Legends, and luminaries together to celebrate fan favorites such as Adventure Thru Inner Space, If You Had Wings, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with rarely seen concept art and images; vintage video clips; and hours of revealing stories. In addition, there will be a full day of presentations dedicated to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair, which debuted beloved attractions like it’s a small world and Carousel of Progress.
Early this morning, Aquatica Orlando “raised the roof” and topped off its newest attraction, Ihu’s Breakaway Falls. The more than 53,000-pound, 1,000 sq. foot roof structure was installed through the night using a 550-ton crane. With the signature Aquatica roof installed, the height of Ihu’s Breakaway Falls is just over 105 feet.
In a historic, global event, guests and cast members at Disney Parks around the world will unite in song to celebrate the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world,” the classic Disney Parks attraction that opened as a tribute to peace and hope at the 1964 New York World’s Fair. Fans from around the world can join the festivities in a first-of-its-kind, online global sing-along at SmallWorld50.com.
On Thursday, April 10, 2014, hundreds of voices from Disneyland Resort in California, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan, Disneyland Paris in France and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort will sing the unforgettable theme song of the “happiest cruise that ever sailed the seven seas.”
Around the world, Disney is celebrating the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world,” which debuted at the 1964 New York World’s Fair as an exhibit to salute UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund). Since UNICEF is dedicated to the welfare of children all over the world, the theme for “it’s a small world” became an international voyage celebrating the happy spirit of children everywhere.
Mark your calendars… Halloween Horror Nights will return to Universal Orlando Resort for its twenty-fourth year on September 19, with more nights than ever before and terrifying experiences based on some of the biggest names in horror and pop culture.
On 28 select nights from September 19 through November 1, guests will explore eight blood curdling haunted houses, navigate multiple spine-chilling street experiences with terrifying “scareactors,” enjoy two outrageous live shows and experience many of Universal Studios Florida’s most exciting rides and attractions.
Shamu & Crew invites families to experience SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration through the eyes of a child. Sing, dance and play the day away Saturdays at SeaWorld Orlando’s “Just for Kids” Festival starting March 22.
This kid-centric festival brings families together to enjoy fun rides, adorable animals and an all-new party zone. “Just for Kids” is included with park admission and takes place Saturdays from March 22 – April 12.
· Being transported from the Muggle world to the wizarding world as you pass through the brick wall at King’s Cross Station to arrive at Platform 9 ¾
· Watching in amazement as the Hogwarts Express pulls into the station – its billowing steam and authentic whistle beckoning you to hop aboard
At the Disneyland Resort, vegetarian and vegan guests can munch on much more than leafy greens. Chefs flaunt their creative side with a wide selection of dishes to please any palate. From corn with a cayenne kick to veggie gumbo in a bread bowl, these breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings range from light to hearty. Highlights are: